There’s only a couple of days until Christmas which means I’m up to my elbows in treat-making. Today I’m sharing a fun and easy (and tasty!) nibble that can be put together without too much fuss, but it also looks great.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-Semi-sweet chocolate chips
-White chocolate chips
-A bag of pretzels
1. Place candy canes in a ziplock. Use a rolling pin or mug to crush them up. Here’s your chance to release some of that holiday stress. :) Place crushed pieces into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips into two separate, microwave-safe bowls. Heat for 1 minute or until chips are melted. Careful not to burn the chocolate. Better to go a little under time than over. Set aside.
3. Place whole pretzels in a bowl. Cover your counter or baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange your bowls into an assembly line of pretzels, chocolate, and lastly, candy canes.
4. Dip half the pretzel in the chocolate (either white or dark). Dip the chocolate-covered pretzel into the crushed candy canes. Place on parchment to cool and firm up. (You can also sprinkle candy canes over the pretzels once they are on the parchment.)
5. Wait about 15 minutes for the chocolate to firm up. Once cooled, place pretzels in a decorative bowl. To make them extra firm, you can place the bowl of pretzels in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!