Candied nuts are a favourite of my mine during the holidays. To me, they are the perfect gift to give someone special. I also like to serve these alongside my holiday cheese plate. This recipe combines sweets with salty and even a little heat. I hope you enjoy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
-2 cups of walnuts, whole or chopped, unsalted (pecans are fine too)
-2 Tbsp butter, melted
-6 Tbsp honey (maple syrup is fine too)
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-Geneous pinch of cayenne (more if you like it spicy!)
-Generous pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Combine ingredients and stir until nuts are well-coated. Place onto the baking sheet and flatten out to an even layer.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the walnuts start to toast up.
4. Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Slide the parchment filled with nuts onto a wooden board and place in the fridge for 10 minutes. This will make the nuts good and crispy.
5. Remove from the fridge. Break into pieces and place into a decorative bowl or tin. Enjoy!