Today I’m sharing a recipe for Vanilla Sugar Cookies topped with White Chocolate and rainbow-colored sprinkles. Don’t they just scream spring? These were an Easter gift for my parents (who aren’t chocolate fans). The cookies didn’t survive the long weekend…poor, tasty little devils.
Wishing you all a Happy Easter!
Vanilla Sugar Cookies
Makes about 2 dozens
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter (if you use salted butter, omit the salt above)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
3. Using a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients 1/3 at a time. Careful not to over mix. Form a ball of dough.
4. Place ball of dough onto a sheet of clear wrap. Roll out to form an even log about 2 inches wide. Wrap the log and twist the ends forming a “dough sausage”. :)
5. Place in the freezer for 1 to 1/2 hours. (I left mine overnight and it worked well. Good if you need to prep your desert in advance and then bake off on the day you need them. The dough should keep for up to 1 month in the freezer.)
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment.
7. Cut dough every 2 cm. Place cookie slices onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
8. While cookies are cooling, melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips over a double boiler. Spread over cooled cookies. Top with sprinkles while chocolate is still melted. Coll in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to firm up the chocolate. Enjoy!